Saturday, January 30, 2010

Welcome James Edward Wamble IV.. BABY J

Baby J is here... and I have no idea where to start with his story!! Monday afternoon, we traveled to Jackson to meet our newest nephew, Eli. He was born early as a result of some complications with Linda's pregnancy. We stayed there about an hour to see our sweet nephew and then traveled back home to Hattiesburg. I went to bed that night, really tired, but feeling fine. I woke up around 12:30 with back pain that felt all too familiar. I stayed awake for about an hour.. thinking to myself that the pain should have gone away by now. I started having mild contractions(or what I remember from Taylor) and thought I better time them. I grabbed my cell phone, and realized the contractions were coming regularly, but every 7 to 9 minutes. I finally woke James up around 2:30 and told him what was going on. He freaked out of course, because I was only 36 wks and 2 days preggo. We called the hospital and they said it was normal... to just lie on a heating pad, etc, etc. Well, the conractions were still mild but were coming every 3 to 4 minutes now. We decided to go to the hospital at 4:00 am thinking they would give me a shot to stop the conractions.. and send me home to rest. We woke Taylor up, packed a bag of toys for her and left the house. YES, she went to the ER with us. It all happened so fast, we had no other choice. We got to the ER and they put me on the monitor. My contractions started to get worse after about an hour and they really picked up. Doc came in to check me and .... what do you know.. my water starts to break.. so here we are with NOTHING but toys for Taylor.. being admitted. We called James' mom (who had also just traveled to Jackson to meet Eli) to come on. We told all our family members that J decided to come early and we were being admitted. I got into a room around 7:00 and everything went smoothly. It was actually better than my experience with Tay becaus ethey let me get my epidural at 3cm. It was smooth sailing from that point on. James Edward Wamble IV arrived at 2:15 weighing 6 lbs and 4 oz 191/2 inches ... one day apart from his cousin Eli. The scariest part was worrying about his lungs and him being able to breathe on his own since he was 4 weeks early. He did great!! God blessed us with a healthy baby boy and we coudn't be more thankful.
J is doing great. He eats and sleeps all day (which is normal for a preemie..so i've been told) He is actually eating more and more each day which is great news to us. He is so tiny that it amazes me!! Taylor weighed 6 lbs 11 oz so he really isn't that much smaller than she was. It's just hard to remember 2 years ago. Big sister Taylor is doing great with him so far... she's a really big help and loves on him all the time. Thanks to all of you for the prayers during his delivery. We are so happy to finally have our baby boy with us!!












First bath :0 didn't really cry that much!!






ready for his bottle...








Tay loving on her brother


my two angels napping

No comments: