Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Not ONE.... but TWO

I can't believe that I am writing about this so soon.. but Taylor Leigh has TWO TEETH!!!! The doctor told us that it could be a week or so, but nothing happened so we just figured that she was FUSSY because of her reflux.. long story short, we took her off the medicine to see if it had cleared up on its own.. and low and behold.. we were seeing a whole different child. She wasn't really spitting up all that much, but she was arching her back and flipping all over the place to try and ease the pain. We started her back on the medicine Sunday. She will stay on it until she is a year old... and get re-evaluated then. We are totally okay with that considering the circumstances.. the doctor told us that teething can really make the reflux act up!!!! Anyway, back to my story!!! Last night Taylor was smiling and we saw something white in her mouth... James and I both looked at each other and I almost cried. I couldn't get a good look at them because she locked her lips when I tried to open her mouth.. but I DEFINITELY felt them. They are sharp as a knife!! They have already cut through the surface, but are not all the way out!! Me being a new mom.. I have no idea how that works or how long it takes for them to come all the way out and look like real teeth!! We are hoping this will be the start to a happier Taylor since they have broken through... teething is not fun... but seeing new teeth is!!! I can't belive how fast this whole growing up process is!!! We love her so much!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is teething early! Hunter didn't cut his first one until 8 months. Good luck with it :)

Anonymous said...

Good job Taylor!!! She is getting ready for a good ole steak! Or at least a Gerber biter biscuit! : )

Molly was born with a tooth, how funny is that! HaHa